Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frozen Cappuccino Crunch Cake


Been crazy busy with work and school and homework lately and I haven't posted in ages!!  So, here is a post...short but sweet!  My oldest son found this recipe and decided we had to make it for Valentine's Day for dessert.  It goes together easily (but takes a while with all of the freezing necessary) and is delicious!  

Better than any ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins!!!!  Oh darn...don't tell them I said that....I doooo LOVE Baskin Robbins!  :)


Frozen Cappuccino Crunch Cake Adapted from Nestle Toll House


1 (10 3/4 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 3/4 cups dark chocolate, chopped
4 cups (1 quart) coffee ice cream, softened
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
Coarsely crushed malted milk balls, (optional)

Directions:

SLICE pound cake into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices on bottom of 9-inch springform pan; press down firmly. Set remaining slices aside.

BRING cream just to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to within 1/4-inch of edge of pan. Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.

COMBINE softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Cover; freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.

TOP ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours.

Enjoy!

Recipe shared on:
Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop
21st Century Housewife - The Hearth and Soul Hop
Chocolate, Chocolate, and More - Thurdsay's Treasures
Foodie Friends Friday
Rediscovering Lost Arts From Our Mothers

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I would NEVER resist anything with coffee in it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This cake looks simply divine! I can't believe how much easier the recipe is than the cake looks! I need to pin this for summer dessert ideas or a birthday!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it is so easy too! No one would believe you made it right at home! :)

      Delete
  3. I love every single ingredient in this cake!! Agh. So yummy. Hope all is well Becky! Don't get too stressed with all the craziness :) At least you have this delicious cake to scarf down between work and classes heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! The desserts do help with the school stress (but they don't help me fit into my jeans)! :)

      Delete
  4. oh man! Just looking at this made me gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no....I'm sure it's fat and sugar free! It just must be!!!

      Delete
  5. You may make me coffee (cake) anyday ;)
    Phenomenal!!!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is calorie free, right? ;) Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party. Your recipe sounds DELICIOUS!

    Kelly {Adorned Well}
    co-host of Foodie Friends Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely calorie free Kelly!!! That means you can have seconds!

      Delete
  7. This looks great! I found you on Foodie Friends Friday. I am starting a blog party and hope you will join me! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/02/tried-and-true-recipes-from-our-families.html

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! I would love to come over to your party!!! :)

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful treat - I adore ice cream cakes, and homemade is so much better than store bought :) I like the coffee flavour and the textures you have introduced here as well. Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul hop. I'm including it in my features this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much April!!! So excited to be in your features....I absolutely love your blog hop!

      Delete
  9. Wow this looks great. I love ice cream cake and coffee. I'm pinning this for later. Thanks for sharing it.
    Lucy @coffeewithus3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete